Friday, April 24, 2015

Scala Shell

I've recently been working on a new side project - scala-shell. As one might guess, this is a shell written in Scala. The idea behind this side project is to help further my Scala knowledge and dive into some more advanced topics such as:

  • Creating a GUI
  • Files and directories
  • Parsing user input
  • Processes
  • Packaging using sbt
I haven't had a lot of time to work on scala-shell, however I currently have the following items completed:
  • Creating a GUI
  • Packaging using sbt
  • Parsing user input
  • A few basic commands
    • exit
    • pwd
    • ls
  • Printing an error on invalid input

I realize that there's still a long ways to go to make this a "usable" shell, however I feel that it's coming along quite nicely and am happy with my current progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment